Thursday, September 17, 2020

New Rewatch Series: The Dragon Prince

𝔄 while back, as I began a different rewatch series, I noted that one of the then-future projects I had in mind was a rewatch of the Netflix original series The Dragon Prince. I'd held off work on it at that point because I had the other series to do--and that series is done, now. I enjoyed watching She-Ra and the Princesses of Power and looking at it for how it uses and misuses concepts of the medieval; I feel I got a lot out of doing so, and a few people have commented favorably on my efforts in that line, which always gratifies.
But the time has come, now, to move on to the next bit. I wrapped up the rewatch series. I took a little break. I am ready to move ahead. And so, next week, I will get (back) into The Dragon Prince. As of this writing, the series has not extended past its third season, so there is that to consider. Too, allegations against the show's creator remain in place, so far as I know; I have not seen that they have been addressed in any substantial fashion. So I cannot speak to how long the rewatch will last, although I do know I will be doing some discussion of the relevant issues--not as deftly as I should, doubtlessly, but I will try. It's all I can do, really.
I hope you'll begin to read the series here soon!

The Dragon Prince (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDb
Again, the promo poster seems apropos.
I'm borrowing it from IMDB for purposes of reporting and commentary.


No comments:

Post a Comment